latest firmware version
firmware contains all successful features of previous
firmware updates. Be careful when running the firmware with non-TUBO heaters.
- automatic temperature stepper: assign 'Tstep' in 'menu>interface>clicks' to one of the clicks options (4 default). in 'menu>vaping' set timer, Tsteps, LoTemp and HiTemp. engage the Tstep mode by clicking the fire button the amount of times set in the clicks settings. timer is divided into Tsteps and increased steadily from LoTemp to HiTemp for every step. '+' and '-' cycle through the steps.
- warmup2cruise / warmup2tstep: warmup mode will automatically continue to cruise/tstep mode. in 'menu>vaping' set W2Cru to 0:OFF, 1: warmup2cruise, 2: warmup2tstep.
Joyetech updater & TUBO logo
- includes windows and macosx
applications to perform the update for the TUBO evic
- includes windows and macosx
applications to perform the update for the TUBO vtc dual
How to update the TUBO firmware
download the latest version of the firmware and the program that will update your TUBO from above. One comes in a Zip folder so extract/decompress the file. Use 7-Zip, if you don't already have a program that does this.
Open the now decompressed folder, its called "tubo-joyetechupdater". Same as the download but it should be a "File folder" instead of a "Compressed (zipped) folder" now.
Inside there are update tools for windows and mac osx. Open the one for your system, and run the application. A window that looks like this should pop up:
Turn your TUBO on and plug it into your PC with a micro USB cable. Your computer should immediately recognize the TUBO and the app will change to display your info! (Note: make sure the USB cable is one that can also transfer data. Some only do power. If nothing happens try a different micro USB cable first! The included TUBO cable will maybe not work. likely one for a smart phone is suitable.
Click "Update" in the firmware app. A window will open so you can select the firmware update file. Find the BIN file called "XXXXX-tubomyevic-....", select and open it.
Your TUBO should now be updated! If the display stays black, repeat the update procedure. The device can not be bricked. Exit the app, unplug your TUBO.
If the updater somehow does not recognize the TUBO, try the NFirmwareEditor: https://github.com/TBXin/NFirmwareEditor/releases. This application can also be used to monitor device performance.
older firmware versions / changelog
- change temperature during cruise, '+' &
'-' no longer interrupt cruise but change temperature live
during cruise- set temperature (Tset) automatically displayed on third
info line during cruise
- fire button active, only possibility to deactivate
cruise/warmup by single clicking the fire button
- displaying eco bar instead of cruise bar when eco mode
- no reset of clicks options upon battery change
- no more screen freeze when entering
cruise mode, no more cruise bar disappearing
- new option for clicks: warm up mode
- protection timer up to 900s
limiting of peak power according to real time
battery voltage instead of percentage
- eco feature tries to detect draws in
cruise mode and safe energy in between. simulated draw
sensor. set eco-level in 'menu>vaping>Ecolevel'.
0: no eco-mode, this is identical with the original cruise
mode. heater heats to desired temperature and stays there
all the time.
1: heater temperature is lowered some (linear relation ship
of desired temp) when no draw is detected.
2: heater temperature is lowered more than in eco-level 1
when no draw is detected.
3: heater temperature is always lowered to 135°C/275°F when
no draw is detected.
- bettery battery efficiency by limiting
peak power to 50watts if battery charge is lower than 50%,
again to 40watts when charge is below 25%.
- known issues: occasional freeze when starting cruise mode
(cruise status bar disappears immediately and screen goes
black after some seconds, does not react on fire button,
however it is active in the background). abort with '-' or '+'
and restart cruise.
- deprotected PID algorithm in the same way the
other algos are determining max battery power. getting rid
of the undershooting/heatup issue.
- cruise status bar
- known issues: occasional freeze when starting
cruise mode (cruise status bar disappears immediately and
screen goes black after some seconds, does not react on
fire button, however it is active in the background).
abort with '-' or '+' and restart cruise.
- original tubo firmware
There are no products to list in this category.